COMMUNITY OUTREACH COORDINATOR
Arlington Community Media
The Outreach Coordinator will provide coordinated promotion and marketing of ACMI to Arlington residents and organizations in order to enhance public awareness of the ACMI mission and resources. Promotion will be via all print, electronic and social media in addition to personal contacts.
- Maintain strong relationship with all local media and provide news releases and stories of local interest concerning ACMi.
- Provide response to inquiries from local producers, viewers, town government officials, and media organizations; contact local organizations and businesses about their interest in using the ACMi resources and about their interest in sponsoring or underwriting ACMi programming and events.
- Plan and publicize special events and activities for the benefit of membership or to enhance the image of ACMi in the community.
- Provide marketing, publicity, and public relations plans and campaigns for consideration by the Executive Director and implement them.
- Develop fundraising plan, including annual appeal, grants opportunities, and other potential funding sources;
- Collaborate with Media/Programming Coordinator to create publishable schedules of programming and ACMi events; coordinate information for use in publishable articles or stories in the local newspapers, local organization newsletters, and on the ACMi website;
- Collaborate with E.D., Studio Manager, and Access Coordinators a monthly ACMi workshop schedule and publishable materials for publicity and member orientation;
- Maintain and update all email and mail databases using PEG Management, Constant Contact, and other software or services.
- Assist E.D. in planning for and preparing the Annual Report as it pertains to ACMi activities.
- Create and distribute quarterly newsletter.
- Provide weekly notes at staff meetings for use by Executive Director and staff.
- Facilitate ACMi Orientation workshop and demonstrate production techniques.
- Assist in studio and remote ACMI productions as required.
- Bachelor’s degree or comparable training in communications, media arts, or public relations.
- A minimum of two years’ experience in a media production environment; proven deadline writing ability and experience interfacing with the public media.
- Must have some television production experience.
- Familiarity and proficiency using Microsoft Office, Adobe Premier Pro, Illustrator, and Photoshop, Word Press, Constant Contact, and general internet navigation and networking software applications.
- Ability to write creatively and concisely, under pressure and on deadline, to produce articles and emails that capture the interest of viewers, producers, and underwriters. Two years’ experience as a journalist or publicist preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal interaction and communication skills, a sense of self-directed responsibility and creativity, a discreet and sensitive phone manner, and a sense of enthusiasm and optimism at work. Ability to interact warmly with staff and the public, and ability to work independently.
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Deadline is December 31, 2013
Send cover letter, resume, salary requirements, and links to samples of your work to:
Norman, J. McLeod
Arlington Community Media Inc.
85 Park Avenue
Arlington, MA 02476