APPLICATION & VIDEO SUBMISSIONS
SUBMISSION DEADLINE: FRIDAY, APRIL 1, 2022 BY 5:00PM (EST)
Submit applications & your films to Arlington Community Media, Inc. A-Town Teen Film Festival at the following address:
Arlington Community Media, Inc.
Attn: Jasper Hamilton
85 Park Avenue, Arlington, MA 02476
OR send completed application and final video electronically (i.e. Google drive) to Jasper Hamilton at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Digital HD .mov files are preferred, but most files other than .wmv will be considered.
Note: if you are submitting more than one video, each additional video will require a $10 fee. For example, if you are submitting one video, there is no fee; two videos would be $10; three videos $20, etc.
SCREENING: MAY, 2022 REGENT THEATRE | TICKETS
Best Overall Film – Prize $300
This award will be granted to the project that exhibits the best use of the medium. A unique and successful combination of sound and vision should tell a story that could not have been told in any other way other than on film.
Writing – Prize $100
The film with either the best dialogue, or most compelling narrative will be awarded this prize. This submission should have a script that shines and stands out as the driving force behind the project.
Production Value – Prize $100
This award is a catch-all for any technical achievement in a film. Maybe a set was constructed, or a visual effect was executed; Whatever the case may be, the film that wins this award will have some element of exceptional labor that adds “value” to the project.
Performance – Prize $100
Whether it be a voice over for an animated film, or a thoughtful characterization by an actor, this award will be granted to the submission featuring a performance that stands out among the rest.
CONTEST DETAILS & RULES
- To be eligible for the A-Town Teen Film Festival (herein known as ATFF) you must:
- Be a student in Middle School or High School
- Have your parent/legal guardian sign the consent and release form if you are under 18 years of age.
- Videos featuring or produced by employees of ATFF sponsors or their family members will not be eligible for first prize.
- Videos should be approximately 2 to 15 minutes in length.
- To enter, complete the official entry form and submit your video as described in the contest application & video submissions info above.
- Submissions are free!
- Provide a separate official entry consent form – completed and signed – by each person participating in the video (either as producer or actor/actress)
- USE ROYALTY-FREE OR ORIGINAL MUSIC!
- If your submitted video contains music, video clips, photos, drawings, icons, logos etc., these items must be of your own creation or music available for free download on a site such as www.jamendo.com or freesound.org.
- Cite program used to create original music included in your production (e.g. Garage Band).
- Provide artistic credit for free music from a downloaded source.
- If in doubt about the copyright of any and all items, please do not use them.
- All videos thought to be in violation and/or infringement of copyright will be immediately disqualified.
- All video entries will be judged by individuals designated by ATFF.
- ATFF and/or its designated agent reserves any and all rights to use or broadcast any and all video submissions via media outlets and to distribute any or all video submissions to third parties.
- ATFF and/or its agents’ employees, directors, and officers take no responsibility and assume no liability in the video creation or its content. Be creative, but be respectful. Judges will only consider content that is suitable for general audiences when selecting winners.
- Participants are expected, but not required, to attend the screening event where winners are announced: DATE TBD Regent Theatre
Tickets: $5 student
$25 family maximum
CONTACT ACMI FOR ASSISTANCE!
Looking for help creating your film? ACMi is here to help! Contact Youth Coordinator Jasper Hamilton for training on preproduction, camera, audio equipment, lighting, editing, special effects, and more. We can also help connect you to your local media station.